Before the Conference...
Delegates are responsible for booking their own accommodation. Jasper Park Lodge (JPL) is the conference hotel. All conference sessions and events take place at JPL.
Staying at Jasper Park Lodge
Jasper Park Lodge fills up quickly, so if you are planning on attending ALC, phone JPL and make a booking. You will need to confirm your reservation with a credit card, but will not be charged until about six weeks before the conference. There are rooms in the main lodge so if you have mobility issues, book early and make a request to be in or close to the main lodge. They even have a few handicapped accessible rooms. All meals are included in the accommodation rate.
To book accommodation at the Jasper Park Lodge, please call 1-800-465-7547. It is never too early to book for the next conference.
Staying in the Town of Jasper
We have arranged for discounts at several hotels in the town. Information is here. There are other accommodation options at www.jasper.travel or via other hotel booking sites.
Registering for the Conference
Delegates can register for the conference using the online registration form. Registration for the conference opens in January for the upcoming conference.
What to Pack
The average temperatures in Jasper in the spring during the time of the conference are:
April: Low -2°C (28°F) High 11°C (52°F)
May: Low 2°C (36°F) High 16°C (61°F)
Here are some general guidelines on what to bring:
- There have been years when there is still snow on the ground, so pack accordingly for the weather. But it's often very warm on the sunny terrace.
- If you plan to take a walk around the lake, bring a sturdy pair of walking shoes.
- The conference atmosphere is casual, so you won't need to bring business attire.
- Feel free to get dressed up for the Saturday Night Dinner & Dance.
- Don't forget your camera and sunglasses - and some years you might need sunscreen!
Internet Access, Technology and Social Media
There are a few things you can do in advance to get a head start on enjoying the conference!
Here’s what you need to do!
1. Make sure you're signed up for the Fairmont President’s Club or Le Club Accor.
This gives you FREE internet access (wireless and wired) at the Jasper Park Lodge. Otherwise you have to pay a daily fee. It’s free to sign up but you should sign up BEFORE you get to the Lodge to make sure your membership is activated for this visit. Sign up at https://become-a-member.com/fhr_jpl. You don’t have to be staying at the Lodge to sign up. A word of warning: wireless signal is very variable outside of the main Lodge.
2. “Like” the Alberta Library Conference Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/AlbertaLibraryConference. We’d love to have you comment and post on the page!
3. Remember the ALC Twitter handle and hashtag - @alcjpl and #alcjpl. Then tweet away about your conference experience, and read what others have to say. If you don't yet have a Twitter account you can sign up at www.twitter.com.
4. Share photos on Instagram www.instagram.com and tag them #alcjpl.
Want to learn more about all that? The conference is the right place to find out about the latest in technology trends and devices! If you have questions, you can send an email.